21 September 2009
The Responsible Gambling Fund (RGF) is the new body that will distribute the funds raised by the gambling industry to research, education and treatment programmes in support of a national responsible gambling strategy.
Baroness Neuberger, the Chair of the Responsible Gambling Strategy Board (RGSB), has now taken up the post of Interim Chair of RGF, along with three new Board members - John Stoker, Peter Dean and Eleanor Roaf. They will join existing Board members Alan Jamieson and Mark Harris. Professor David Miers, Deputy Chair of RGSB, will also attend RGF Board meetings as an observer. The new appointments strengthen the Board, providing a wide breadth of knowledge of the Third Sector, public health and the gambling industry.Stephen Dunmore has been appointed as Interim Chief Executive of RGF, and will lead a joint, interim team supporting both RGSB and RGF. Recruitment for a permanent Chief Executive is already underway.
Baroness Neuberger commented "The RGF is the distribution body for research, education and treatment and, as such, key to the successful delivery of those elements of a national responsible gambling strategy. I am very pleased to be asked to chair this Board in the setting up phase and to bring together a strong team of individuals with the right insight and knowledge of the industry".
- The Responsible Gambling Strategy Board to advise on the research , education and treatment components of the national responsible gambling strategy
- A single purpose fundraising body (The GREaT Foundation)
- A distribution body (The Responsible Gambling Fund - RGF).
- Stephen Dunmore – Interim Secretary and Chief Executive
- a single purpose fundraising body (The GREaT Foundation)
- a distribution body (the Responsible Gambling Fund- RGF).
Further information is available from the Commission's website at www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk.